Luminaria is a beautiful holiday tradition in Mariemont. The Mariemont Preschool Parents Group (MPPG) is excited to bring this community fundraising event back and keep the tradition going for everyone to enjoy. Luminaries and events kick off at 5:30pm on Saturday, December 2nd.
Schedule of Events:
- 5:30-8:30pm Carriage rides (tickets will be sold at the event for $5 — cash only!), free hot chocolate provided by Biggby Coffee and donut holes will be provided by Golden Hands Bakery, activity tables provided by our generous sponsors
- 5:40pm MHS Choir sings carols in the square
- 5:50pm Pastor Todd Keyes, Mariemont Town Crier Bob Keyes, Mayor Bill Brown, and MPPG President Maggie Kenner kick off additional events
- 6:00pm TREE LIGHTING with countdown by raffle winner (in Old Town; corner of Oak & Chestnut)
- 6:05pm Estimated time of arrival for Santa and Mrs. Claus
- 6:15-6:30pm The Dance Coalition performance
- 6:30pm MHS Strings Orchestra performance in the Chapel
- 7:00pm MHS Choir performance in the Chapel
- 7:30pm MSH Strings Orchestra performance in the Chapel
- 8:30pm Carriage rides end and conclusion of all events
ROAD CLOSURE NOTICE — Elm Street will be closed to vehicle traffic 5-9pm. Access to and from Lane D will be restricted during this time. However, you will be able to come and go from Lane D by crossing over Elm Street and exiting to Wooster Pike via Lane E and Patriot’s Lane. Click HERE for the map of road closures.
Local visitors are encouraged to walk to the event but parking will be available at the elementary school.
If you missed the deadline to purchase Luminaria kits, a limited number of kits will be available at the Scouts’ Christmas Tree Sale at 6907 Wooster Pike on November 24-26 and December 2 from 12-4pm. Please note that kits sold at the Boy Scout Sale are $20 and cash only is accepted.
Many thanks to MPPG!